The Estate Planning Process
From wills to succession planning, putting you in control
Estate planning can seem like a daunting task, but when you work with an experienced estate planning lawyer, the process becomes a logical organization of your assets into a plan that assures you are in control of how those assets will be managed and distributed. In our experience, clients leave the estate planning process with their minds at ease, knowing they have considered all of the available options and have a plan that meets their specific goals and objectives.
Ask a lawyer about your estate planning options and the available tools.
At the Lommen Abdo law firm, your lawyer attorney will guide you through the estate planning process and explain which tools will enable you to meet your objectives.
- Wills, trusts, health care directives, powers of attorney: These basic documents are the foundation of the estate planning process.
- Probate and trust administration: Our firm provides these legal services to ensure that estate management and distribution fulfill all legal requirements while meeting expressed objectives.
- Business succession planning: Your attorney will work with you and your advisors to devise a plan for the orderly transfer of your business.
- Trust and estate litigation: If conflicts arise, our law firm will work with you to reach the best result under the circumstances, working first for an agreement while always prepared for litigation.
- Non-traditional relationships: For peace of mind and to avoid misunderstanding, non-marital relationships (same-sex couples, unmarried couples, domestic partners and others) need thoughtful estate planning.
We also draft prenuptial agreements, domestic partner agreements and other documents that ensure families have an understanding about their rights and obligations.
Clients come to an estate planning attorney for a wide range of reasons: a financial planner suggested it, they have minor children, they own or co-own a business, they are in a second marriage and want to protect children of the first marriage, they have a family member with special needs. The reasons are varied and differ with each client.
An effective estate plan begins with your objectives.
Talk with an estate planning attorney at Lommen Abdo. Plan now. Call 612.255.6935 or send an email for an appointment. We represent clients throughout Minnesota and Wisconsin.